The Brazos Electric Ratepayer Hardship Fund assistance program provides bill credits to eligible low-income residential cooperative members. This financial assistance will help to cover the charge associated with Winter Storm Uri in 2021.
Are you eligible?
- Only current members of MidSouth Electric Cooperative are eligible to participate.
- If a member of your household meets the criteria for LIHEAP (Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program) or SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), your household may qualify.
- If not already a LIHEAP or SNAP participant, you may still qualify for assistance if your household income is at or below 200% of the poverty line.
- Eligibility will last two years, with the opportunity to reapply the following year for additional benefit.
- If you qualify, the credit you receive may be the actual amount of the Uri-related charge, or an estimated amount calculated pursuant to program rules.
See brazoshardshipfund.com for information about the program and to submit your application. The website will be available on February 27, 2023 at 1:00 PM Central Time.
If you have questions about the program, you can also call 844-770-8549 during the hours of 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM Central Time.